Instructor: Rev. Dr. Robert Umidi
Dates & Location: The first class will take place at10:00 a.m. on Saturday,October 8 at Westminster Moriah Olivet. This course will run through the spring of 2017.
The goals of the course are to:
- comprehend theological writings and lectures.
- think, write, converse and preach theologically.
- identify the distinct contributions of “Reformed” theology.”
- bring theological insight to bare in public witness and church ministry.
- gain additional vocation discernment/effectiveness for lay ministry.
There are three required texts:
- Christian Doctrine by Shirley Guthrie,
- Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time by Marcus Borg, and
- Reading the Bible Again for the First Time by Marcus Borg.
Keeping a journal will also be required.